What is the number 0?
The number zero is expressed by the number 0. The name of this number comes from the Latin word "nullus", which can be translated as "no." Zero or zero, as it is sometimes called, is an integer that separates negative and positive numbers. To date, there are different opinions regarding the involvement of zero in natural numbers: some scientists consider 0 as a natural number, while others do not. What is the number 0? The national school curriculum does not classify 0 as a natural number, despite the fact that this somewhat complicates some formulations. So, for example, because of this, it is necessary to distinguish between division completely and division with the remainder.
Zero and its properties
- Any number does not change when adding from 0. The natural number also does not change when subtracting zero from it.
- Multiplying a number by 0 gives 0.
- Zero does not have a “+” or “-” sign.
- 0 is an even number, since when it is divided by 2, an integer is obtained.
- 0 can be divided into all real numbers. The result of this division is 0.The only exception is the expression 0/0, which leads to uncertainty.
- For zero, there is no inverse number among the complex numbers.
These are the basic properties of this number. Now you know what a zero is, and what properties a given natural number has.