What is tom?
Very often in the great and mighty Russian language, there are words that sound the same, and can denote completely different things. Especially in our time, old words are increasingly gaining new meaning. What is tom? The form of a pronoun or a full-fledged part of speech, lexically denoting important things in the modern world? A word that has several lexical meanings, all of which we will now explain.
- Tom - a separate book, a large volume works, essays, labor, scientific work. Work is divided into volumes with a large amount of material. Example: Four volumes in Leo Tolstoy’s novel War and Peace.
- Volume - part of the physically existing computer memory (hard disk), separated as one unit, for ease of use of the computer. Example: Local drives C, D, E, A - and there are volumes C, D, E, A separated from the hard drives of the computer.
- Tom - a fragment of the archive, which consists of several parts. They are self-extracting and continuous. This definition is used by PC users.Example: Volume in .rar format.
- Tom is a common western name. Example: Tom Sawyer, Tom Cruise, Tom Hudgens
- Tom is a pronoun pointing to an object. Used in conjunction with the masculine noun. Example: In that house, in that city, in that park.