How to treat the ears?
Watch the video
The ear is a complex organ. Its main purpose is the perception of sound vibrations. Also, the ear has another important function - it is responsible for the position of the body in space, with the help of which it helps to maintain balance. The issues of ear health should be approached very carefully, however, as well as everything that is on the head. In this article we will look at the most common ear diseases, and also talk about how to treat the ears.
Hearing loss is not a separate disease. The reasons may be:
- A child may become deaf and deaf if his mother, being pregnant, suffered rubella, measles or mumps;
- Malfunction of the thyroid gland;
- Congenital disorders of the inner ear;
- Meniere's disease (most common in older people, dizziness and ringing in the ears can also be its symptoms).
If you have lost your hearing sharply, do not panic, you just need to see a doctor immediately. Ears are not recommended to be treated on their own at home, unless advised by a doctor.Self-medication can cost you dearly.
Otitis is an inflammatory process in the ear.
Types of otitis
- Outer. Most often occurs in people who have lowered immunity. It is an inflammation of the ear canal or the skin of the ear. It may look like a furuncle.
- Average. Inflammation in the middle ear, behind the eardrum. Most often occurs due to penetration into the ear through the auditory tube infection.
- Interior. The second name is labyrinthitis. It is an inflammation of the inner ear, in which the vestibular apparatus is damaged. Most often develops on the basis of chronic otitis. A frequent symptom is partial deafness.
- Acute average. The reason is penetration of the pathogenic microflora into the eardrum. Most often accompanied by a temperature of 38-39 degrees and develops after the flu, tonsillitis, in children - after scarlet fever, diphtheria and measles.
- Chronic average. Usually manifested as a continuation of acute otitis media. Causes damage to the middle ear and eardrum.
- Allergic otitis. Associated with an allergic reaction of the body. It is an allergic swelling of the mucous membrane of the auditory tube anddrum cavity.
As you understand, these are not all types of otitis. We will not describe the most neglected and terrible forms.
Common symptoms of otitis
- Hearing loss
- Secretory secretions
- Ear pain
- Extraneous sounds
- Redness and swelling of the outer ear
- Pain and itching in the outer ear
- Temperature above 38 degrees
At the first signs, it is necessary to urgently seek medical attention. Before a medical treatment is prescribed, a doctor must take a smear to find the cause and also conduct an ear test. After the disease is confirmed, the doctor prescribes antibiotics, which can be in different forms, for example, in the form of tablets, capsules, injections or drops in the ears. Self-medication is fraught with serious complications, including deafness or meningitis.
Since we are not alone on the planet, and everything around is teeming with various microorganisms, bacteria and fungi, you can pick up an ear fungus.
- Itchy ears
- Extraneous sounds
- Feeling of ear congestion
Sometimes the fungus can appear due to poor treatment. For example, you have found a cork and washed it.But the syringe, for example, was poorly sterilized, and together with the liquid the doctor brought in a fungus, which, in turn, would not miss the opportunity to remain in the ear. A wet, warm and dark place is exactly what the fungus needs. In addition to the fungus, it can be bacteria and infections. Be careful, although this is extremely rare.
For fungus, the doctor prescribes a prescription for antifungal ear drops, which are of two types - with and without antibiotics. The choice of doctor depends on the severity of the patient.
A disease that is associated with abnormal bone growth in the middle ear. It occurs in 0.5% of the population of the planet. It can lead not only to partial hearing loss, but also to complete deafness. In the early stages, most often there is a loss of response to low frequency sounds. The danger of the disease is that most often otosclerosis affects first one ear, and then affects the other.
Causes of otosclerosis
These reasons are not known. However, most often this disease is observed in women during puberty, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menstruation and menopause. There is also an assumption, as yet nothing confirmed, that this disease occurs on the basis of the variation of the RELN gene.
Symptoms of otosclerosis
- Hearing loss - partial or complete;
- The defeat of the transmission first low, after the high frequencies of sound.
In the case of this disease, there are only two choices. The first is the acquisition of a hearing aid. The second - stapedectomy - surgery. As a result of stapedectomy, a good result is waiting for you - in less than 1% of cases this operation proved to be ineffective.