How to make a watermark?
Watermarks are most often needed to protect photos or images posted on your website or blog. Sometimes content managers or administrators of sites overdo with watermarks, placing them on the whole picture, which leads to irritation of site visitors. Placing a watermark at first glance is not such a simple process. It is necessary to take into account the fact that the content of the picture should still be the main one, while it should be simultaneously and reliably protected from copying the paste. How to make watermarks in this way? To do this, you will need first of all Photoshop and small skills with the work in this program.
Today there are many programs that can cope with this task, but the most convenient is still Photoshop. Note that a small logo that is located on the edge of the image will protect your photo less than a watermark, but it will be the one that will less disfigure the picture.
How to create a template to insert a watermark
Once you have decided on the inscription and font, you have to make a template of your watermark. Pretty simple to make a watermark in Photoshop.
- To do this, you will need to create a new document in a program of 1200x800 pixels.
- His resolution should be put 10ppi, while the canvas should be transparent. The resolution of this document was deliberately chosen as small, since we don’t need to know more about water, but this solution allows us to insert a watermark, even into the largest images.
- Next, using the Type Tool or pressing the T key, write the text, already pre-selected font.
- You can immediately use gray (# 999999), this is what will make your template more versatile.
- If you want to place the text vertically or diagonally, then you need to turn it after typing. However, we advise you to make two options, one with a direct arrangement of the text and with an oblique, in order to more flexibly use a watermark for different types of images.
- In the future, layer styles will need to be applied to the watermark so that the watermark is transparent and noticeable at the same time. Click on the “fx” icon or go to the Layers-Layer Style - Blending Options (Layer - Layer Style - Blending Options). Settings can be both default and yours, experiment and select the one that suits you best.
- You can also tick off Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow, Outer Glow, Bevel and Emboss. After this we advise you to adjust all the parameters according to your own discretion and taste.
To make a watermark on a photo, we advise you to create a watermark, which is superimposed on the image, in order to know exactly how it will look on the photo or picture in the future. After you have achieved the desired result, save the watermark in PSD or PNG format, in order to make it easy to use it in the future. You can use the same procedure for the logo.
Add watermark online
If you do not want to spend time creating a watermark, then you can make a watermark online. The most famous and simple service is. Its interface is very simple, and you can easily add a watermark to many pictures.