How to make a paper wallet?
Watch the video
A handmade wallet made of paper will serve as an excellent place to store banknotes, cards and business cards. Such a product can also be used as an original envelope for gift money. Consider a few ways to fold a wallet out of paper.
Wallet with two pockets and a flap
This is the easiest method to make a paper wallet.
We need an A4 sheet. You can use colored paper or beautiful wrapping paper (only thick, so that the product does not fall apart).
- Fold the sheet in half horizontally and vertically, iron the bends, and then unfold.
- The edges are bent to the center on both sides (to the fold line in length, as in the case when we make an airplane).
- The corners of the resulting triangles add to the bases.
- Bend the upper edge to the middle line. Do the same with the bottom edge.
- Fold the triangles on each side so that a diamond is formed on the reverse side. Fold the blank along the fold (away from you).
- We have a wallet with two pockets. Inside each section there is a triangle. We take it out from one pocket - this is the valve of our wallet.
For such a small but roomy wallet, we need a square sheet of thick paper (a square with a side of 15x15).
- Fold the sheet in half. For convenience, it is better to arrange the workpiece horizontally.
- We divide it into three equal parts. To do this, we retreat 5 cm from the left and right sides of the resulting rectangle and make bends in this place. Then unfold.
- Finger lift the lower right corner so that the right side is bent to the left and get an isosceles triangle. Do the same with the bottom left corner.
- We turn the workpiece.
- Fold back to the edge (first right and then left side).
- We got a rectangular shape. Fold the upper left corner (only on one layer of paper).
- Drop down the entire upper part of the figure (one layer).
- The right corner is wrapped around the triangle (inside) for the reliability of the design.
- Turning the figure over and repeating the same actions (paragraph 6-8).
It turned out a wallet with a convenient pocket for coins.
With the help of embossed paper (under the skin), threads and buttons you can make an elegant wallet - you just need to cut out the individual parts and sew them together by attaching the button-fastener to the flap. You can decorate such a wallet with a pattern or an inscription made with special ink.