How to eat without salt?
Many of us are so used to salt that it is difficult to imagine food without it. But can we break the salt out? Scientists and nutritionists say you can. Their main recommendation is that you just need to eat those products that do not need to be salted.
To find out exactly what products it is, you need to remember what salt is. From the school chemistry course, remember that rock salt is a combination of acid and alkali, which has a specific taste. It is necessary to find those products in which approximately the same chemical elements as in salt. Dietitians give fairly clear recommendations on how to replace salt, which can and should be eaten instead.
How to eat without salt: products that replace the taste of salt
- First of all, include garlic in your diet. To smell it not felt, dry it, finely chop or grind to a state of powder. If the smell of garlic still creates discomfort for you, drink a glass of milk or chew a few parsley leaves.
- Sea salt. Let the word “salt” not scare you, because it is much more useful than cooking.In its composition, sea salt has iodine, which is useful for the human body, but is harmful for those who suffer from diseases of the thyroid gland. So sea salt should be eaten very carefully.
- Spices or herbs. A mixture of dried herbs is the best option to replace the salt. Before salt, herbs have many advantages: the taste of food is revealed more fully, and the general condition of the body (skin, complexion, condition of hair) improves. Cooks list the most popular and useful herbs:
- Bay leaf;
- all kinds of peppers;
- spring onions;
These herbs contain all the vitamins necessary for humans and are good in both fresh and dried form. Nutritionists notice that dried spices are most similar in taste to salt.
Salt made from celery is becoming more and more popular. You can buy it at a pharmacy or a supermarket, or you can make it yourself by grinding the dried roots and leaves of this plant.
Juice squeezed from lemon well replace salt in vegetable salads. Usually, lemon juice is recommended to be used in combination with vegetable and olive oil.Such components not only remove all unnecessary waste from the body, but also significantly improve the taste of food.
So, now we have figured out how to eat without salt, with what products it can be replaced in our diet. But why is salt harmful, what is affected by its excessive use?
Why is salt harmful?
Remember that you need to limit yourself in its use, because an excess of salt in the human body is fraught with the following violations:
- The more salt you eat, the more thirst increases.
- Salty food impairs the functioning of the kidneys, heart, and blood vessels.
- The metabolism is violated, as a result of which the immune system weakens.
- Salty food lovers are more prone to hypertension.
Try to eat less bread, potatoes and milk, because they contain large amounts of sodium chloride. The daily rate of salt for an adult is 2 grams, if you eat 100 times more, then it is likely that a fatal outcome.
So take care of proper nutrition, try to eat less salty, and after 14 days you will be able to feel the taste of food normally, because the need for salt will disappear.However, do not forget that the human body has become accustomed to this seasoning, it is part of some bone tissues, so you should find something that can replace salt. What it can be, we have already discussed above.
Salt-free diet is useful, first of all, for those who have hypertension or heart failure, because it significantly improves well-being. Many experts say that salt-free diet can be applied, but carefully. Sodium chloride particles are essential for metabolism and normal cell function. They advise you to add a little salt in meat and fish broths, but 20 minutes before the readiness, and salt the vegetables for 5 minutes. Salts need only a few grains.