How to cure cracks in the hands - good tips
Dry and cracked skin on the hands - this is the first sign of moisture deficiency in the skin. When the skin is not enough moisture, it becomes brittle, which leads to flaking, and subsequently to the appearance of cracks on the skin of the fingers, near the nails, between the fingers.
Cracks in the hands - the reasons for the appearance
The most common causes of dry skin are the following:
- Dry air, especially aggravates the problem of low humidity of cold air in winter paired with hot air of central heating in rooms
- Frequent immersion of hands in water
- Work with chemical cleaners
To reduce the risk of cracks in the skin of your hands, protect your hands from frost with thick wool mittens, and thick rubber gloves will help you from excess water and chemicals. And do not forget to use daily moisturizing lotion for dry skin of hands. After all, the problem is always easier to prevent than to cure.
If, after all, you did not manage to avoid dry skin and you have cracks in your hands, which may still bleed, do not despair - try this simple and inexpensive treatment.
Vitamin and Vaseline Mask
As a night cream, apply a mixture of vaseline and liquid-soluble vitamins A and D to the damaged areas of your hands and be sure to wear rag gloves so that the vaseline is well absorbed. Remove gloves only in the morning, then wash your hands well with a special moisturizing soap.
Cucumber-honey treatment of cracks
Do not forget that many lotions and ointments can actually harm cracked skin, because they contain different fragrances, which include artificial aggressive drugs. That is why we offer you corn cucumber care, as a natural remedy for treating cracked skin of the hands.
You will need:
- Fresh cucumber - 1 pc.
- Honey - 1 tsp.
- Cornmeal - 1 tbsp.
- Liquid soap - 1 \ 2 tbsp.
- Peel the cucumber and grind it with a blender. Then mix with honey and set the mixture aside.
- Mix the corn grits with soap and enough water in another container until a homogeneous slurry is obtained.
Mode of application:
- Wash your hands with corn gruel. This will help to safely clean your hands of dirt and remove dead cells.
- Rinse your hands with warm water and do not wipe them.
- Apply the cucumber-honey mixture.
- Wear rubber gloves for about 15 minutes, then rinse your hands with clean warm water.
After the procedure, you can use your favorite moisturizer. Repeat this treatment three times a week until complete healing, and then once every ten days as preventive care, and the cracks in your hands will not bother you anymore.