How to cook croissants?
Croissants are loved by both adults and children, and if they are also filled with some kind of stuffing, then it is difficult for anyone to tear them away. But, knowing how to cook croissants, you can pamper this delicacy of relatives more often. Moreover, the recipe is not complicated and any housewife will cope with it, the main thing is desire, and the time for baking will take only 35 minutes.
Cooking yeast dough croissants
Before you make croissants, you need to stock up on the following products:
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 gr. dry yeast
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 200 gr. oils
- 3.5 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and sugar
- First, in a glass of warm milk, you should stir the sugar and dissolve the yeast, which should begin to “walk,” that is, foam should appear on the surface. But during this time, you need to slightly beat the yolks.
- Next, you need to sift the flour and add yolks, leftover milk, yeast, salt and knead the dough. The finished dough must be formed into a ball and cross-cut it from the top. Then it should be covered and put in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Rising dough need to roll.You should have a squared seam of no more than 2 cm thick.
- Now you need a rolling pin to roll the butter to a thickness of 1 cm through cling film, put it on the dough and wrap the dough like an envelope. Then the dough must be rolled out, gently turning, but without turning the layer. After that, the dough must be folded in 3 layers and put in the fridge for half an hour.
- After this time, you should get the chilled dough and roll it into a square, just not turning it over. Then again it needs to be folded into a rectangle and placed in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This procedure will need to be repeated one more time.
- After the third “freezing”, the dough should be rolled into a rectangle about 0.5 cm thick and using a sharp knife to cut the layer into triangles about 15x15x10 cm. As you can see, croissants are not difficult, but time-consuming.
- Then the base of each triangle must be slightly incised and rolled up. And then put them on a cooked baking sheet, cover with a towel and put for 1 hour in some warm place.
- As soon as the croissants rise, you need to drive an egg and smear it with them. Bake products need at 200 degrees 35 minutes.For ready-made croissants, you can serve jam, condensed milk or jam.
Puff pastry croissants
To bake puff pastry croissants you will need to buy it at the supermarket, or make it yourself. You will need the following ingredients for it:
- Sugar - 50 g
- Flour - 500 g
- Egg -1 pc.
- Milk and butter - 250 g
- Yolk - 1 pc.
- Yeast - 6 g
- Salt - 10 g
- Chocolate - 100 g
- First you need to knead the elastic dough and send it for half an hour in the fridge. Then take it out and roll it into a square of 40x40 cm. Then you will need to grease 2/3 of the dough and roll it overlap 2 times and put it in the refrigerator again. This procedure must be repeated 5 times.
- To bake croissants, you need to roll the dough into a rectangle, then cut it into triangles, putting fruit, boiled condensed milk or chocolate at its base and spin it into a straw, giving it the shape of a bagel, slightly bending.
- Then lubricate the yolk and bake at 220 ° C. As soon as they are reddened, they can be pulled out and they can call the household to take a sample. Have a nice tea party! Now you know how to make croissants, and you will make them more often.