How to choose a coffee maker?
A good morning starts with a good coffee. For some people, the day is generally wasted without a cup of morning coffee. And how wonderful it is to wake up from the aroma of a favorite drink, which brought the beloved straight to bed! Unfortunately, not every man or even every woman can make good coffee, even if it is very expensive or just quickly soluble, and therefore let's figure out how to choose a coffee maker.
There is one caveat - the coffee maker must be selected based on what kind of coffee you like: espresso, regular, from a mixture prepared in advance or your own grinding. In accordance with this, coffee makers are divided into the following types:
- Drip type (filtration),
- Mixed type.
Espresso Coffee Makers
What kind of coffee maker to choose if you are an espresso lover? Same with coffee. The word "espresso" is translated from Italian "under pressure" or "under pressure." Coffee powder maker processes steam under a press. For the preparation of this type of coffee you need to use a grain of special grinding.Even if you really love cappuccino, this coffee maker will suit you perfectly, as it, if you wish, perfectly makes milk from the foam and produces cappuccino coffee.
Shops will offer you to choose from two types of such coffee makers:
- Steam-Espresso is a conservative coffee maker that makes coffee in small quantities (up to about 4 cups). The brewing process is slow, because the pressure is low - about 4 bar. The downside is that water can overheat to a temperature of 100 degrees, and 87-95 degrees is considered optimal for this drink. All the water that is in Steam-Espresso is brought to a boil, after which the water turns to steam. When the steam reaches its limit, water flows out through the open valve into the reservoir of drink.
- Pump Espresso is the ultimate coffee maker. The principle of its action: an electromagnetic pump is built inside, it creates the necessary pressure in the boiler. Cold water flows from a separate vessel into this boiler; it turns into hot water and passes through the beverage.
Coffee Pump-Espresso coffee makes better quality than its predecessor, as it keeps the required temperature of the drink. So also the device is more economical than the first.
Espresso coffee makers are also called rozhkovymi due to the fact that coffee beans are poured into a specially designed for this horn. If the horn is made of metal, then the coffee will turn out better and tastier. The price for such devices ranges from 150 dollars and up to 2000 dollars.
Drip Coffee Makers
If you do not know how to choose a coffee maker for the house, then you can purchase the simplest of them - the drip. Not only does the cost of such a device vary from 500 rubles to 1500, the coffee maker heats the water to the most optimal temperature. Having heated water, it begins to drip on ground coffee, and the grains give it its unique flavor. The downside is that coffee may not turn out to be so saturated and tasty, because the special aroma of the grain is obtained from the essential oils that are inside them. The overwhelming amount of essential oils is contained in the drink when water passes under high pressure through coffee beans. And in the drip-type coffee maker, the water does not pass, but drips on the ground grain.
Capsule Coffee Makers
This type of coffee maker has become very popular lately. If you want to know how to choose the right coffee machine, pay attention to this type of coffee appliances.The only disadvantage is that the device needs special capsules that contain ready-made coffee powder, and they cannot be found in every store. So, if you want one serving of amazing coffee, just load one capsule into the coffee maker. You can choose any taste of coffee, a lot of them. Moreover, you do not have to think about whether you have threshed and poured the coffee beans. You should also be prepared for the fact that you will not have the opportunity to prepare ground coffee.
The cost of such coffee makers is not small - 7000 - 17500 rubles.
Mixed coffee machines
If you combine an espresso coffee maker and a drip coffee maker together, you will get a great device that suits ordinary coffee lovers and cappuccino lovers. The downside is that you need differently ground coffee.
How to choose the right coffee machine
If you want to choose a good device for tasty coffee, pay attention to several important criteria:
- Power. The smaller the value of this criterion, the weaker the coffee you will drink. Want a strong drink? Choose a coffee maker with good power. This is especially important if the device is not able to set the strength of the drink that you want.
- Filter. The standard set for the coffee maker is a conventional nylon filter.Its duration is relatively large, the filter lasts for 60 brews. But the more time a nylon filter is used, the worse the taste of the drink becomes. Therefore, it is better to use disposable paper filters. However, such filters will be ideal option only for those who are willing to spend extra time on daily replacement and visiting the store. If you do not have time for this, stop your choice on the “golden filter”. This is also a nylon filter, but it has a coating of titanium nitride.
Special functions of coffee makers
- Water level indicator. Coffee makers with this feature are especially convenient. Sometimes they even have a scale indicating the number of spoons that will help you get the most delicious coffee. Coffee makers with a higher cost are more complicated in structure, they tell you what amount of coffee is better to put in the water so that the taste of the drink will turn out the way you like it. The next time when you decide to make coffee, you will see all the data that you entered last time on the display and you can make exactly the same coffee. Premium class models will provide an automatic dosage function.You choose the type of drink, and the indicators themselves show you exactly what ingredients and in what quantity you need to add to the coffee maker for cooking.
- Auto Heated. All normal modern devices have such a function. It makes it possible to heat the cooled coffee in the same cup in which it is brewed. The taste is very good. While you yourself do not want to turn off the coffee maker, auto preheating will work. Some models have an additional function - automatic heating shutdown, which occurs after the device has been running for 3 to 5 hours continuously.
- Regulation of the strength of the drink. This function is supplied with premium drip coffee makers.
- Coffee grinder The most excellent taste, coffee gets when coffee beans are ground directly before falling asleep in the device. Therefore, you can search for coffee makers with such a convenient function.
- Indicator of water purity and filter pollution. Such a function is in expensive models of drip coffee makers. This is especially necessary if you use a nylon or gold filter.
We hope, now you clearly know how to choose a coffee maker, which will give you the opportunity to enjoy the unique taste of quality coffee.